Friday, December 23, 2011

Good News Bad news


We had a bit of bad news last week. The fireplace insert we have been using for many years is not able to be repaired. We have supplemented our expensive oil heat by burning wood in a fireplace insert that blows the hot air through our small home keeping it quite comfortable. Well, by the end of the week, the insert had been removed and we had an empty fireplace. So what did we do? We made lemonade!



You've heard that saying, right? When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade? We got a few large jars from the cafeteria at my husband's work; washed them; and placed a small pillar candle in the bottom of each jar. Here's the non-romantic pic:


Ah yes, but HERE's the money shot:





For a few dollars in thrift-store pillar candles and five free gallon-jars from the cafeteria, we have a very lovely look for our now-empty fireplace. I think I like it! What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Lori Lynn, that is so beautiful! I love glass jars and that is a wonderful idea. It is so pretty too! We once lived in an old farmhouse that had oil heat. It was so expensive!

    ReplyDelete